SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
So much will be happening on Saturday, 21st October, 2017, at Taree Baptist Church! Make sure you don't miss out on this great event. Remember, entry is FREE. We would love you to come and take advantage of the whole day, but if you absolutely can't, you can come for half or two thirds. Check out the planned schedule.
On top of the exciting things detailed below:
- There will be a great selections of books to purchase care of Conference Bookstalls (The Wandering Bookseller)
- There will be singing led by Trevor Hodge
- There will be a kid's program AND creche all day (except the evening session), so parents can drop their kids off and utilise the many opportunities afforded
- There will be gold donation BBQs for lunch and dinner
- There will be delicious free trade coffee care of Tribes & Nations
- Heaps of opportunities to connect with other people who are passionate about God's global purposes
- Entry is FREE!
QUALITY BIBLE TALKS FROM SIMON GILLHAM
Simon is married to Margie and together they have two children, Madelon (20) and Noah (18). Simon has been the Head of the Department of Missions at Moore College since January 2016. Before that he worked for 8 years at a small Bible College (NETS) in Namibia, and prior to that was a church planter and pastor in the Hunter Region of NSW. Simon is passionate about seeing the lost come to know the Lord Jesus and the saved grow to maturity in Him. He sees it as an awesome privilege to be involved in raising up and nurturing of the next generation of Christian leaders. He wants to encourage as many of them as possible to cross cultures, cross cities, cross countries, cross oceans, and proclaim the cross of Jesus.
Expert Led Seminars
Click on each seminar to find out more
1. A RICH OPPORTUNITY RIGHT HERE: Explore the how’s and why’s of ministry to local kids. Tom French
Research tells us that most people who make a commitment to Jesus will do so before reaching adulthood. This means that we have a huge opportunity to engage young people with the gospel and change their lives and eternities. In this seminar, we'll look at why ministry to young people is so important and discover great ideas for how to engage young people in your local community.
2. THE MISSION MINDED FAMILY: God’s purpose is our purpose - how can I reflect this in my family? Steve & Karen Ellis
Every Christian parent hopes and prays that their children will choose to walk with the Lord themselves. We can pray for them, take them to church, try to get them involved in youth activities. Can we proactively do more? Can we instil in them not only a love for God, but a love for his work in the world too? Can we as a family take part in that work and be a beacon of light in our neighbourhoods, schools, towns, and even overseas? This seminar will explore ways of creating a culture of mission in our families so that we can create a powerful impact for Jesus Christ to the world around us.
3. WHERE TO BEGIN: Cross-cultural ministry is intriguing. But what are the logistics of getting involved? What next? Ray Notley
Is mission a mystery? How do I respond to and prepare for God’s call in missions? Should I talk to a mission organisation? What questions should I ask? We’ll answer your questions and more as we think about the aspect of a journey towards serving the Lord cross-culturally.
4. NEVER TOO OLD: For the over 40’s! Peter & Lyn Groves, Neil Bootes
Come and here some 'on the road' experiences and consider that no matter our age or situation, with a willing heart & mind, God can use us effectively for his purposes through a range of countless opportunities!
5A. CHURCH: A BEACON OF LIGHT: How do we contribute to a mission-minded church culture? Richard Utber
How should church members think about and act on their responsibility to contribute to a mission-minded church culture?
5B. LEADING A CHURCH TO BE A BEACON OF LIGHT: As leaders in our church, how do we generate a mission-minded church culture? Richard Utber
Given that churches are complex places and pastors are busy people, this seminar will give pastors and leaders both a framework and practical ideas for growing a mission-minded culture in their churches.
6. TRIP ADVISOR: Latest review on short-term mission. Fiona Hodge
Join us as we explore the purpose, pit-falls and opportunities for short-term mission.
7. WHO IS BEHIND THE VEIL? Hear the voice of those who cannot speak out. John & Magda Ackad
Learn about their feelings and thoughts. Learn to reach out with love. Be ready to feel angry and sad while being filled with awe and hope.
MISSION AGENCY EXPO
There will be heaps of mission agency representatives to chat to about what is happening locally and around the globe. Check out our partner page to keep up to date with who will be there!
If you are travelling to Manning Valley ReachOut from out of town, we would like to help you if you require accommodation on the Friday and/or Saturday nights. Here are some local motels who have agreed to help us out with some discounts. If you are still having trouble, make sure you get in touch and let us know!
Comfort Inn Marco Polo: 10% off
30-32 Crescent Avenue, TAREE, NSW 2430
02 6552 3866 - just quote 'Manning Valley ReachOut' to get the discount!